Get Compliance & Privacy Information
Anesthesia Compliance Consultants is happy to offer our colleagues a collection of vital information in the field of anesthesia compliance and privacy that could affect your practice.
Table of Contents:
Anesthesia Compliance Consultants have been at the forefront of anesthesia compliance for two decades and have served numerous organizations with their compliance needs. We have been involved in anesthesia compliance and privacy and have assisted numerous organizations. We monitor the ever-changing field of compliance and privacy and offer you a library of information which we have shared with our clients. We trust they will be of interest to you as you try to stay informed.
Billing and Documentation
Anesthesia billing and documentation is a key feature of any anesthesia program and must be understood to prevent fraud, waste and abuse. We provide a summary of key features on Billing and Documentation that may help your practice. Please follow this link.
- CMS Rules on Billing
- Anesthesia Reimbursement
- Billing Anesthesia Services
- Induction & Emergence
- Converting a Case to General Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
- Personally Performed Anesthesia Services
- Pre-signing in the Anesthetic Record
- Documenting in the record
- Mitigating Outcomes
- Fraud Waste & Abuse
- Detecting Healthcare Fraud
Billing for Medical Direction
It is important for all anesthesia organizations to understand the key concepts of Billing for Medical Direction to remain compliant with Medicare. Following these guidelines will help you stay out of harm’s way. Follow this link.
- Perform a pre-anesthesia examination and evaluation
- Prescribe the anesthesia plan
- Personally participate in the most demanding aspects of anesthesia
- Qualified individuals must perform anesthesia
- Monitor the course of anesthesia administration at frequent intervals
Fraud and Abuse
The Fraud, Waste and Abuse program has become a major program for the Office of Inspector General that all healthcare providers must know. We cover the following topics. Please visit this link to know more.
- The Anti-Kickback Statute
- False Claims Act and Anesthesia
- The Exclusion Statute
HIPAA for Anesthesia
Knowing how to deal with HIPAA is important for any anesthesia organization. Learn more about HIPAA for Anesthesia. Follow this link for more.
- HIPAA Gap Analysis
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Reasonable Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards Protect PHI
- Encryption of ePHI as a Safeguard
- Breaches of PHI
- Filing a HIPAA Privacy Complaint
- Authorization and the HIPAA Rule
- Using Cybersecurity to Protect PHI
- Texting PHI Safely
- Sensitive PHI and HIPAA
Visit Our Special HIPAA Resources
Anesthesia Compliance Consultants partners with HIPAA Associates to provide you the best information on the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
Follow the link to HIPAA Associates Resources